The 8 Steps – a simplified version of the 12 Steps
1. Get help – I admit that I am powerless on my own, and that I need help
2. Open your heart. I know that God exists, that I matter to Him, and that He is the only One who has the power to heal my pain
3. Depend on Christ – I realise that I need to turn my life over to Christ. I need to depend on Him in all areas of my life, including all that I say, think, and do.
4. Hear and speak – I agree to evaluate my life and confess my faults to myself, to God, and to someone that I trust.
5. Embrace Gods way – I will stop doing things my way and put my life on a path that leads towards Gods way.
6. Ask for forgiveness – I will offer forgiveness to those who have hurt me, and I will ask for forgiveness for any wrong I’ve done to others.
7. Live for God – I will set aside some time for God each day to examine my life, read my Bible, and also pray that I have the power to live Gods way.
8. Support others – I will take the message that God heals to others in need and share it by my words and actions.